2. What are cookies?
We use the term “cookies” to refer to cookie modules and similar technologies through which information can be collected automatically.
An “Internet Cookie” (also known as a “browser cookie” or “HTTP cookie” or “cookie”) is a small file, consisting of letters and numbers, that will be stored on your computer, mobile terminal or other equipment of a user through which the Internet is accessed.
Cookies are installed at the request of a web server to a browser (eg Edge, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari). Once installed, cookies have a determined lifespan, remaining “passive”, in the sense that they do not contain software, viruses or spyware and will not access the information on the hard driver of the user on whose equipment they were installed.
A cookie consists of two parts:
- the name of the cookie; and
- the content or value of the cookie.
From a technical point of view, only the web server that sent the cookie can access it again when a user returns to the web page associated with that web server.
3. For what purposes are cookies used through this website:
Cookies are used to ensure the operation of the site and to provide users of this website with a better browsing experience and information tailored to the interest of each user, namely for:
- improve the use of this website, for example by remembering the name and email address you filled in when you wrote a comment so that you can find them completed next time;
- providing anonymous statistics on how this website is used to the site administrator, as the owner of this website, to know how the site works, what to read and what not, what to do adapt graphics and content for an optimal display on various devices;
- remembering that you have seen the information message regarding cookies and have accepted or not the use of non-functional ones;
- memorizing the banners seen, if any, so that some of interest to the user are displayed.
All this information (especially statistics) makes possible the existence of the site and approaching interesting information for as many readers as possible.
4. What is the lifetime of cookies?
The lifetime of cookies can vary significantly, depending on the purpose for which it is placed. There are the following categories of cookies that also determine their lifespan:
- Session cookies – A “session cookie” is a cookie that is automatically deleted when the user closes their browser.
- Persistent or fixed cookies – A “persistent” or “fixed” cookie is a cookie that remains stored in the user’s terminal until it reaches a certain expiration date (which can be in a few minutes, days or months) or until it is deleted. by the user at any time through the browser settings.
5. What are cookies placed by third parties?
Certain sections of content on the website may be provided through third parties, and not by the wing.ro website, in which case these cookies are called cookies placed by third parties (“third party cookies”).
Third party cookie providers must also comply with the rules on the protection of personal data.
These cookies may come from the following third parties:
Google Analytics: for analyzing traffic and obtaining anonymous statistics on how to use the site. The anonymization of the visitors’ IP address was activated by using the parameter below, in the tracking script used by Google Analytics.
6. What cookies are used through this website:
By using / visiting the website, the following cookies can be placed:
a. Functional cookies: those necessary for the operation of the site.
b. Non-functional cookies: those that improve the quality of the site but are not necessary for its proper functioning.
a. Functional cookies
This type of cookie stores the user’s preferences for this website, so setting the preferences again when you visit the website is no longer necessary.
Specifically, cookies placed by WordPress remember the name, email address and site completed when posting a comment on the site, so that next time you find this data already completed. Read details on the WordPress site.
WordPress recently added the option not to accept this cookie, and your data will not be pre-filled for the next comment. You can check or uncheck the option when writing a new comment.
b. Non-functional cookies
Non-functional cookies are used for affiliate marketing (the site owner receives a small commission for purchases made on partner sites by visitors to the wing.ro site).
The wing.ro website does not place this type of cookie.
8. Customize your browser settings for cookies
If the computer or technical equipment used to browse this website is used by more than one person, the setting for deleting individual browsing data each time the browser is closed may be considered. These settings are in your browser.
9. How can cookies be stopped?
Disabling and refusing to receive cookies can make this website more difficult to visit, leading to limitations in its use.
Users can configure their browser to reject cookies or to accept cookies from a specific website.
All modern browsers offer the ability to change cookie settings. These settings can be accessed, as a rule, in the “options” section or in the “preferences” menu of your browser. To understand these settings, the following links may be helpful:
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
- Cookie settings in Opera
- Cookie settings in Edge
For any additional questions about how cookies are used through this website, please contact sales @ wing.ro.